Monday, April 2, 2012

A Cry For Biblical Womanhood: Why I Am Not A Diva

A Cry For Biblical Womanhood: Why I Am Not A Diva.
Devotion: Titus 2:1-15

It often saddens me to see how women are portrayed in our society. We are no longer looked at as the daughters of God, His very beautiful creation. You don't have to look any further than television commercials to see that women are portrayed in ways that are not glorifying to God. Each time I take a trip to the local market, I'm reminded that society's image is stamped on many a woman's mind. This is evident in how some women dress and what they say. Why is this so? Well, many have believed the falsehood that society has told about women. Instead of us seeing ourselves as beautiful, society says that we are to see ourselves as sexy, a diva. Women are seen as sex symbols, someone to lust over and lust after. But what does the Bible say about all of this? Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30 (ESV). So what's a woman to do? Where do we fit in? As we look into the heart of God through His Word, we see that we are beautiful and lovely. We take what society says and compare it to what God's Word says. We earnestly desire to become that Biblical woman who honors God above all.

So where does this leave me? It leaves me wanting all the information the Bible states about what my role is as a woman, specifically as a single Christian woman. I am happy to report that I do not consider myself a diva, nor do I desire to be a diva. Why? Because the concept of being glamorous and sexy does not lend to the concept of Biblical womanhood. Therefore, my cry for every single Christian woman, including myself, is that we govern ourselves according to Scripture. If we see ourselves in the light of His Word, then we have no desire for this diva-fied mentality floating around. It is far removed from us. What God desires for us is to live our lives to satisfy our perfect Husband, our Savior, our Lord.

Our Only Hope: Heavenly Father, thank You for Your love to me. Thank you for making me into the woman You delight in. Father I ask that you use me for Your work, that I may be pleasing in Your sight. Help me to let the Light of Jesus Christ shine in me as I walk alone this journey every day. May the meditation of my heart and the words of my mouth be pleasing in Your sight always. In Jesus Name. Amen. 

Scripture Reference: Proverbs 31:30

4 comments:

  1. Such a godly post. Thank you sister for your heart towards God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank sister for a good work from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement. Please share with others as the Lord desires.

      Delete
  3. Blessings To God!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete